cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UBR PVC across the BPX N/W not working.

d.kalcher
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to bring up our 1st UBR PVC service in our BPX N/W (S/W 9.2.38 and BXM M.F.M FW). When I build it across multiple BPX nodes I see data coming in from the CPE (to port) but I'm not seeing any data passing into the N/W (to network), I'm also seeing Oflw CLP0/1 dscds.

As a test when I build the PVC back to the same card/line/port the PVC works fine.

I've checked the trunks and as far as I can see UBR is not mentioned as a supported traffic type as is not an option, assume it's supported by default or bundled up with another traffic i.e. VBR or ABR.

My question is what else could be stopping this from working? I've checked the majority of cnf commands related to the nodes and trunks but none seem to give me any options to configure or support UBR.

Can someone please help?

1 Reply 1

d.kalcher
Level 1
Level 1

Okay I've got some more information, as I've got it to work by turning off FBTC.

Now the interesting thing is I can understand why the local connection was working as opposed to N/W connection, as FBTC is used to reduce B/W consumption on trunks by doing EPD.

However why is it that our tester which is using ITU-0.191 ATM cells, therefore sending AAL5 frames including SOF and EOF frames but the UBR PVC is discarding all cells on the ingress VC queue. We use this tester to test VBR and CBR PVC's, VBR also uses FBTC and we don't see the same issues with Oflw CLP 0/1 discards.

Finally configured the tester as VBR and also made no difference... The wired thing is I brought up the customer with FBTC enabled and all is fine, so why didn't it work with the tester?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: