Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

ubr7200 (7246) and VLAN Trunks

Has anyone successfully setup a VLAN subinterface on a ubr7200? All of the documents I have seen on TAC state I should use the encapsulation command but it is not available. I want to do something like:

interface gig 2/0.500

encapsulation dot1q 500

ip address x.x.x.x y.y.y.y

uBR7246VXR (NPE300) 13.3(17a)BC

1 FastEthernet/IEEE 802.3 interface(s)

1 Gigabit Ethernet/IEEE 802.3 interface(s)

1 ATM network interface(s)

1 Cable Modem network interface(s)

3 REPLIES

Re: ubr7200 (7246) and VLAN Trunks

I believe the support for 802.1Q is IP Plus feature sets across all L3 platforms. What IOS feature set is the uBR running?

It is "DOCSIS 2-WAY 3DES LAWFUL INTERCEPT". I have only setup VLAN routing on MSFCs (Cat 6K) and RSMs (Cat 5K) before so I would not have noticed if 802.1Q was restricted to a particular feature set.

I thought I had tried an IP+ feature this weekend out of desperation. I downloaded it but I guess I didn't copy it to flash. Is there a decent chart that shows the differences? I kind of got burned on something similiar when I ordered a 3750. I was assured the base install was sufficient for my needs. A few weeks later and before the 3750 came in (I had the delivery pushed for budget reasons), I was discussing adding some additional equipment, the VAR sales rep suddenly realized I needed the enterprise version. My CFO was not happy about the unexpected expenditure. At least this router isn't in my cost center and instead belongs to an engineering department.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content