cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

uBR924- ACL problem

edwardsjj
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to integrate an uBR924 into my private network at home.Nothing fancy,just uBR924 configured as a plain old cable-modem!! I already have a 1720 RTR for my routing.

Problem is, whenever I try to configure the uBR924 for bridging, during boot-up some configuration file automatically creates an ACL and applies it to the uBR924 interface. Hence, preventing traffic from being passed though the uBR924.

To get the uBR924 to work, I go into the IOS and manually remove the ACL. I have to do this after each re-boot. Copying the running.config to the startup.config doesn't make a difference.My question, does anyone know of a way to stop this ACL from being automatically being added? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

1 Reply 1

ebreniz
Level 6
Level 6

During the booting the Cisco uBR924 downloads operational parameters from a configuration file stored on the cable company's TFTP server.That may be the reason why your router gets ACLs in every boot-up. try to boot disconnecting the cable to the ISP. but this will not make your internet work. For more details on the working of uBRs refer the link below,specially the boot process, you can refer more in DOCSIS technology too.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1830/products_feature_guide_chapter09186a00800808ba.html#wp3860