cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

uBR924 tunnel questions

crrstv
Level 1
Level 1

I recently picked up several uBR924's with the intent of creating a small tunnel or VPN between them.

Basically I'd like to drop a 924 at 2 perhaps 3 different locations, plug Win9x hosts into the Ethernet ports and allow all of the Win9x hosts (using IP, all in the same private subnet - PnP for the user) to communicate with one another over and above the regular bridging modems behind our uBR7223. Basically, I'd like to extend the local LAN over the HFC network, but only to selected modems.

I looked at the GRE tunnel configuration example at the TAC, but it requires multiple, routed subnets to function properly. Is there a means to design around this? (Once again, I’d like to have the hosts in the same RFC 1918 subnets) Are there any sample configurations I can reference on the Internet?

Thank-you in advance,

Darryl O’Keefe

1 Reply 1

thomas.chen
Level 6
Level 6

I don’t see how you can put them all on the same subnet. You’ll have to route between the physical locations.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: