Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Unable to ping serial interface

I turned up a new sub interface on one of my 7206 routers.

Prior to turning up this interface there were already 8 sub interfaces on this interface. All sub interfaces were working fine. I am able to ping all local and remote ip address.

The host side is a Cisco and the remote location is a BAY arn running 14.1.d9 code.

On the new interface the serial connection shows up and up with no errors on the interface.

When logged into the Bay router I can ping the serial ip address but I cannot ping the host unless I source it from the ethernet ip address.

When logged into the Cisco 7206 I cannot ping the new serial ip address and I cannot ping the remote serial interface even if I source it with the ip address of the ethernet interface.

I can ping the host serial address from the network but I cannot ping the remote ip address.

There are two serial connections going to the bay router for all of these 9 location. All are working fine except for this one.

Any ideas of what to look for.

1 REPLY
VIP Purple

Re: Unable to ping serial interface

Hello,

are you using Frame Relay ? If so, you need to create a static map for your local address. Check out this link with Frame Relay Q&A:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/tech/tk713/tk237/technologies_q_and_a_item09186a008009457a.shtml

If you are not using Frame Relay, when you do a traceroute where does it stop ?

Regards,

Georg

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content