Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Unable to Ping

When we connect pc directly to Switch 6509 we are not able to ping after few days .But after changing the ip address it starts working and the same ip address works on different PC.

• Other Network Infrastructure Subjects
11 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Unable to Ping

It would be easier if you can give more information about your configuration.

For instance, are you using DHCP? Any QOS configuration running on the switch? Did you check all the "set errdisable-timeout" configurations?

Also what is the output of "sho port" and "sho cam" commands for the pc port?

Regards,

Mustafa Hussein

Comark, Inc.

There is no DHCP Server in the Network . It is a plan Layer 3 Network without QOS running on the Switch . The Port Status shows physical link UP on PC Port.

Where should we check for errdisable-timeout ???

Command for errdisable-timeout

"show errdisable-timeout "

No it is not configured.

Silver

Can you provide the output of "sho port x/y" ?

Things to look for are: is security enabled? collisions, alignment erros, and frame checksum errors.

Hussein,

Security enabled on port should not cause this ,because when I change the ip address the port remains the same.Is it right ???

There are no collisions, alignment erros, and frame checksum errors on the port.

Does Switch has such type of feature were it blocks IP address if it is giving collisions, alignment erros, and frame checksum errors on the port???

I think you might be running into arp issue. Please closely monitor the ARP......

- amdcent

If you are doing any VLAN's you may want to make sure of your ip helper-address command and make sure any trunk links along the way are permitting those vlan ranges to cross.

~zo

What should i monitor in arp.

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.