cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unknown-Java Errors on CiscoView 5.3

annpb
Level 1
Level 1

when first starting Ciscoview 5.3 on Win2k platform, I receive a Java Applet error says that "Can not restore device list".The next error messages says that "Can not retrieve addlet command". The 3th message says "Can not retrieve splash screen name...". And the always last message is "Can not open device..." that is a prohibitive error keeping me from access any device in my network !

Is there any problem of Java plug-in or SNMP strings on my CSW2000 server ? How can I get through this situation ?

Regards !

4 Replies 4

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

browser and plug-in version?

Platforms:

- Microsoft I.E version 6.0

- JRE 1.3.0

1) IE 6.0 is _not_ supported with CV 5.3. Only IE 5.5 SP1 or Netscape 4.75 is suported according to the docs.

2) Several known bugs with JRE 1.3.0. If this CV 5.3 is part of the CD-One 4th Edition bundle/CWW 6.0, then apply the patch from CCO which will upgrade the JRE to 1.3.1. See the Field Notice for this:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/770/fn17662.shtml

carlos.ramirez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have installed in a server the following:

- IE 6.0

- CW2K 4° Edition

- Cisco View 5.3

- Java j2re-1_3_1_02-win

And the cisco view works very well.

You must try to install the java that i am using but first uninstall the java that you are using, second install the java j2re-1_3_1_02-win, Third open the CW2K and if some message appear saying something of Grant click on "Grant Always".

Regards!

Cramirez.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: