Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

up/up spoofing

Hello all

I have a situation where I have a 1700 with leased line and ADSL interface.

what can be done if my default route is for dialer interface which never goes down.I want a floating static route to the leased line to get active. but it will not.

I can not implement bgp .

any suggestions ?

• Other Network Infrastructure Subjects
3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: up/up spoofing

DDR interface like dialer, will always remain up/up spoofing. so floating static route pointing to that interface (or ip address) will never go down.

I think you are trying to configure a backup scheme for ADSL interface (dialer interface) which is not a good idea because that interface will not go down at all. so that way you can't have layer 2 and layer 3 backup scheme.

You can use layer 1 backup scheme using "backup interface ..."command under the interface atm0. But again its not a good idea.

So actually you can design reverse. Means, you can use dialer interface as a backup of leased line.

10x

atm will not fall , it`s always up/up .

Cisco Employee

ATM interface will go down/down is the physical layer (layer 1) is a problem. Means if the cpe (dsl modem/atm interface) is not trained with the isp, it will remain down/down.

Again it is very rare.

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.