Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

update signatures ids 4235

Hi all,

i want to update the signature of my ids 4235 by using security monitor , i place the new signatures in this directory C:\Progr File\CSCOpx\mdc\etc\ids\updates, but when i try to apply this signatures by security monitor,i can't ,i have message that tell me that i dont't have permission in reading this file. the file is binary file.i verify the file, i found that i have all permission

Can anyone help me ??????

Best regard

1 REPLY

Re: update signatures ids 4235

Hi

This a question that should be posed in the security forum where there are plenty of security professionals that are willing to help you with your problem. I would need to know more about the OS you are running because there is a specific bug when using AD that wants to pass the credentials of the system as opposed to the credentials from the common services used by security monitor. If this helps you then rate and close, if not then repost your question in the security forum and I will be more then happy to help you.

Views
Helpful
Replies