cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Updating Device Name via DNS

SteveGodfrey
Level 1
Level 1

When I installed LMS 2.1 quite a few of the hosts didn't have an entry in the DNS server, I've now added all the relevant entries. Will RME find the DNS name rather than the IP address or will I need to remove then add each device?

2 Replies 2

milan.kulik
Level 10
Level 10

I'm in a similar trouble with one of my switches:

RME didn't discover the new DNS name.

I've added a new device (DNS name) to RME manually and then deleted the alias (the "old" device name, i.e. IP address).

But I'm not able to force ANI server to use the DNS name. Even after deleting the device through Campus Manager the ANI server discovers it again with the IP address and not the DNS name.

I've found a CW2000 bug describing this problem finally.

It's CSCdw67129 and it conains a workaround (it recommends to restart CW2000 server) which I havn't tested yet.

Regards,

Milan

After deleting the device through Campus Manager and restarting CW2000 server it has change the device name to the DNS one.

So the workaround works.

I'm not sure if it's necessary to delete the device first, it might be enough just to restart the CW2000 server.

Regards,

Milan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: