Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Upgrade for CiscoWorks in HP-UX Platform

I have a situation here where the CiscoView 4.0 installed in HPOV-NNM 6.x on a HP-UX 11.0 machine, and a Ciscoworks2000 Edition 1 installed on another NT4 Server machine.

Because of addition of new Catalyst switches (Cat6513), so the HPOV-NNM is now able to see/manage the new switches via CiscoView. My question is, do Cisco provide any upgrade version for this platform? (Which I can't find in CCO). If it is not available, can I use the integration utility to achieve the same objective?

Much appreciate on any reply.

Regards.

• Other Network Infrastructure Subjects
2 REPLIES

Re: Upgrade for CiscoWorks in HP-UX Platform

CiscoWorks/CiscoView is no longer supported on HP-UX and AIX. You'll need to run CiscoView on e.g. your NT box. Note that you can still integrate CiscoView with NNM. CiscoView 5.x is web based and using the integration kit you can launch it from NNM.

Blue

Re: Upgrade for CiscoWorks in HP-UX Platform

The latest CW2000 bundle that you can get for HP-UX is CD-One 4th Edition. But you may consider moving to Windows/Solaris platform in the future as CW2000 on HP-UX/AIX is End of Sales now per: http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/cc/pd/wr2k/cpbn/prodlit/1626_pp.htm. Cisco View 4.x does not support Cat6513 and for that you need to fist move to Cisco View 5.3 and then install the latest device package from CCO. As far as the integration goes with HPOV, you can still integrate by using the Integartion Utility separately from CCO.

Views
Helpful
Replies