Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Upgrade IOS * ws-c3750-48ts-s * 4 ws-c3750g-24t-s * 1

Hello everyone,

If somone can give me tips on this query will be greatly apprecaited.

I have been requested to go and upgrade the IOS on the above mentioned switches. They are all clustered and the total quantity of switches are = 5. out of which

4 are 48 ports and

1 = 24 ports

Now as they have one master as they are clustered, I need to know what is the best way to update the IOS on each of the switches.

1) Do I need to switch of all of them.

2) switch on one at a time and upgrade the IOS than switch off and repeat until all are done.

3) Start all of them at the same time.

4) Done.

Will this above procedure work?

cluster of 3750 > switches

sh flash

vlan.dat

config.txt

crashinfo

syslog.conf

c3750-i9-mz.121.11-ax.bin

16 mb installed

10 mb free

Question 2: Which is the best IOS I should move these switches too ? i.e. stable bug free IOS recomendations

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Upgrade IOS * ws-c3750-48ts-s * 4 ws-c3750g-24t-s * 1

Hi There,

Software images downloaded to the stack master are automatically downloaded to the rest of the stack members.

Cisco Recommends the use of the archive download-sw and archive upload-sw privileged EXEC commands on the stack masterinstead of copy commands.

Please see the link below for more info:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps5023/products_configuration_example09186a00804799d7.shtml

You can go for 12.2(25) SEE

HTH, please rate if it does.

-amit singh

4 REPLIES

Hi There,

Software images downloaded to the stack master are automatically downloaded to the rest of the stack members.

Cisco Recommends the use of the archive download-sw and archive upload-sw privileged EXEC commands on the stack masterinstead of copy commands.

Please see the link below for more info:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps5023/products_configuration_example09186a00804799d7.shtml

You can go for 12.2(25) SEE

HTH, please rate if it does.

-amit singh

Amit,

I will go thruough the documentation straight away but can you please direct me to a file name if at all possible I am struggling to find this i.e.

The correct file related to the one you have just recomended.

Thank you so much for such a quick response.

Regards

Hi, This is the file name c3750-ipbasek9-mz.122-25.SEE.bin

HTH, Please rate if it does.

-amit singh

Amit,

I hope I am not bugging you but you seem to know what you are talking about :) on the ball

I have bene on google to search any reviews on this image and I came accross this link

http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/2005-July/022464.html

Do you still recommend this file and is this the best stable release we must recommend them customer to upgrade too.?

cheers

Views
Helpful
Replies