cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade to 2950 Slows SQL applications

cbell
Level 1
Level 1

I have just upgraded from a HP procurve switch & 3com hub combination. Prior to the upgrade I was getting good access speed with my SQL applications. Since implementing the switches The SQL apps are slow.

I have configured the switches with portfast with all ports except The gigabit uplink. I did originally use martports but turned this off as workstations were having connectivity problems. I also have upgraded the workstations, all of which now have intell pro 100 NIC`s. The wokstations were changed prior to the switches.

1 Reply 1

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Verify your nic settings and your switch settings match exactly , if the switch is set as auto for speed and duplex the nic cards must also be set as auto ,cannot be hardcoded to a specific speed or duplex . Also check all ports for any kind of errors by using the "show interface counters errors" command . Also do a "show interface status " and see what state the ports are in , if you used autonegotiation then it should look like a-full a-100 10/100BaseTX for the ports . If any show up as half duplex then you have a speed /duplex mismatch.