Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Upgrading a Network Analysis Module for Cat6000

In an attempt to upgrade a NAM from 2.1(1a) to 2.1(2) I encountered a problem when trying to use FTP services on a Windows box. No matter what I tried, I could not get the upgrade procedure on the NAM to properly recognize the file. I could confirm the connection of the session, the authentication of the user, and the closing of the session when the NAM generated the error.

If you are trying to upgrade an NAM and you receive the following message:

gunzip: stdin: unexpected end of file

Download failed!

I recommend moving the file to a UNIX/Linux/BSD box and trying again. Make sure you specify the complete pathname unless you are chroot-ing the user. Also make sure you enter the username and password correctly (unless using Anonymous). The upgrade readme is not entirely clear on this. For example, if I have a user "cisco" on a UNIX box with /home/cisco as the home directory and default directory for cisco's FTP connection, then my command would be:

upgrade ftp://cisco:password@hostname.domain.com/home/cisco/c6nam.2-1-2.bin.gz

Good luck with it. The NAM is a very cool piece of hardware.

Tyler West

Senior Network Engineer

Dollar General Corporation

1 REPLY
Blue

Re: Upgrading a Network Analysis Module for Cat6000

You need to boot into correct NAM partitions depending whether you're upgrading the application or the maintenance image.

Make sure that the NAM image file you downloaded has the correct file size and checksum as listed on CCO downlaod page. Secondly, the error message indicates that the problem is with your ftp process and not that with the NAM itself. Make sure that you follow the NAM upgrade procedure carefully according to the instructions listed at:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat6000/cfgnotes/78_10406.htm#xtocid55.

The upgrade procedure clearly state that if your ftp server does not allow anonymous users only then you can use the username/password. Try using some other ftp application, you can find several free wares.

Views
Helpful
Replies