Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading Cat 3750 Stack with 5 switches

lee
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a stack(wise) of five cat 3750 switches, I wish to put IOS 12.2(25)SED1 onto the stack.

I attempted an upgrade by ftping the new image (bin only) onto flash1:/ and going into config mode and entering a new boot system flash1:/blahblah.bin line. Saved to memory and power-cycled the switch.

The switch loaded the image beautifully, the other switches came up with VERSION_MISMATCH and wouldnt join the stack (as predicted).

I wanted to upgrade the other switches using the archive copy-sw command but kept getting the 'Couldn't determine image' error message.

I was able to roll back and boot the old image, and the stack came online working perfectly.

I didn't use the .tar release of the file because it was too big to fit onto the flash with the old image present.

Can someone please tell me where I go from here? I'm pretty sure this is suppose to be simple but I'm not doing well...

Cheers.

1 Reply 1

leonvd79
Level 4
Level 4

backup your current software and load the tar file to the stack master. from there on use the copy-sw command to upgrade member switches.

Please consult the documentation before upgrading your switch.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat3750/12225sed/ol8113.htm#wp559616

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: