Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

lee

Upgrading Cat 3750 Stack with 5 switches

Hello,

I have a stack(wise) of five cat 3750 switches, I wish to put IOS 12.2(25)SED1 onto the stack.

I attempted an upgrade by ftping the new image (bin only) onto flash1:/ and going into config mode and entering a new boot system flash1:/blahblah.bin line. Saved to memory and power-cycled the switch.

The switch loaded the image beautifully, the other switches came up with VERSION_MISMATCH and wouldnt join the stack (as predicted).

I wanted to upgrade the other switches using the archive copy-sw command but kept getting the 'Couldn't determine image' error message.

I was able to roll back and boot the old image, and the stack came online working perfectly.

I didn't use the .tar release of the file because it was too big to fit onto the flash with the old image present.

Can someone please tell me where I go from here? I'm pretty sure this is suppose to be simple but I'm not doing well...

Cheers.

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: Upgrading Cat 3750 Stack with 5 switches

backup your current software and load the tar file to the stack master. from there on use the copy-sw command to upgrade member switches.

Please consult the documentation before upgrading your switch.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat3750/12225sed/ol8113.htm#wp559616

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content