Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Upgrading infrastructure enable VPN and internet access

I am upgrading current infrastructure to connect 2 locations via a 10 Mbps wireless link to a service provider. The secondary remote location is currently linked to headquarters by expensive 2 ADSL links to each of its 2 floors. One floor currently has a 24 port Dell 2440 switches and the other floor has 2 24 port unmanaged HP ProCurve switches.

The headquarters currently connects to the internet via a 1.5 Mbps link to another ISP. It has a PIX-501 and 4 Dell 24 port managed switches. The ADSL connection is plugged directly into a Dell switch.

My goal is to subnet the sites providing secure VPN between then and also provide them with independent internet access for web and email from each location.

I plan to forgo routers and replace all the existing switches with Cisco MLS switches and purchase an additional PIX-506E and create a VPN between the locations. To consolidate the remote I planned a GBIC connection between the two floors.

Can this be done without a standalone router and still access the internet for web and email traffic from both locations?

Is this a sound viable plan?

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: Upgrading infrastructure enable VPN and internet access

Yes, you can subnet the sites providing the secure vpn between them and also provide them with independent access for web and email traffic.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content