Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading IOS on 3750 L3 switch?

pizzov
Level 1
Level 1

I'm going to be upgrading my 3750 (currently running image:

c3750-ipbase-mz.122-25.SEB4) to IPSERVICES (c3750-ipservicesk9-mz.122-25.SEB4)

First off, I noticed when you do a "dir" flash, there's a directory for the image, not just the file. When copying in this new image, do I have to create a directory or just put the image into flash as I would in another of IOS device?

4 Replies 4

gpulos
Level 8
Level 8

just put the image on the root of the flash as you do most IOS devices.

you'll need to assure you have enough flash space. you can copy the current imgage to another location/tftp if you like before putting the new one on if you don't have enough flash space.

verify your 'boot system' command points to the correct file/location after you put the new image on and before you reboot.

OK good...I don't need to load the ".tar" file then? I will just copy off the existing IOS .bin, upload the new .bin file to flash and set my boot system command to point to the new file? Great!

Vince,

The .tar is only useful if you manage the switch via HTTP.

The .tar updates the HTML files as well as introducing new HTML features.

For pure IOS functionalities under the CLI (command line interface), the .bin file is sufficient.

Your steps are right on, good luck.

Thanks! We don't use the html features, so we'll go ahead and just load in the .bin file alone. Thanks again!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: