Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Upgrading Supervisor Engine in Cat4506 Concerns

I want to upgrade my 4506 from a Sup II+ to a V engine. I'm running IOS

12.2(25)EWA4 but the Sup V requires 12.2(25)SG. The Sup V engine states that it is hot swappable.

1. Do I need to upgrade the IOS before installing the Sup V or does a new Sup V already come with the required IOS?

2. Will I have to reconfigure the switch after the swap?

3. Is this even feasible or are there other steps I must follow?

• Other Network Infrastructure Subjects
1 REPLY
Purple

Re: Upgrading Supervisor Engine in Cat4506 Concerns

The Sup V will come with an IOS on it , whether or not it's the one you want you won't know until you power it up .It will be high enough to work as it is supposed to , if you want a higher version then upgrade. If you have a spare switch you can stick it in and download your current config file into startup config you should be set to go . Then just pull it out and stick it in the switch you want it in . The current config is on your II+ now so yes you have to configure the switch or use your current config file to configure the new one . If you have a spare switch you can upgrade ahead of time ,if not you will have to upgrade once in the new switch.

Views
Helpful
Replies