Views
Helpful
Replies

Uplink from 6509 Giga port

raju
Level 1
Level 1

Hello ,

I'm trying to connect one of the Giga port (SX) on 6509 to Foundry Switch ( ServerIron XL ---8 port ) . The Giga port on 6509 is assigned to some Vlan say Vlan 10 . I'm trying to connect this port as "UPLINK " to Foundry . The 10/100 ports in Foundry are configured to do Load Balancing .The Foundry Switch has a Giga port labelled as GIG SX .I'm getting link up + link activity on foundry side whereas in Cisco side there is no link and it says "not connected ".The cat OS ver on 6509 Version NmpSW: 7.4(2). Tried with some other ports (SX modules ) + changed the patch cords , no luck. Any Idea ????????.

Thanks

Raju

3 Replies 3

Hello Raju,

you might have a spanning tree problem. The default STP for the Foundry ServerIron is the Multiple Spanning Tree Protocol (MSTP), which means that each port-based VLAN, including the default VLAN, has its own spanning tree. Try to disable STP alltogether on both ports to check if you get any connectivity at all.

HTH,

Georg

Thanks Georg. The configuration part comes next. When I connect the uplink , as long as connectivity at physical layer is ok, I should get a link light (green ) on both the ends ,right .

Thanks

Hello Raju,

can be a problem with the auto negotiation process of 802.3z standard. Try no negotiation auto on the cat.

Bye

Jo

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco