cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

[URGENT] WCCPv2 + L2 rewrite packet forwarding method.

ananth_arockia
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All!

I have few doubts and questions for you people on WCCPv2

1. Wont routers support L2 rewrite packet forwarding feature?

2. Is it true that all switches only support L2 rewrite and not GRE? (switch 3550 as an e.g.)

3. While configuring WCCP, Normally on router side we dont select the mode forwarding method, we only specify this option on cache engines to negotiate the required mode of forwarding( l2-rewrite option on cache engine as an e.g.)

4. routers 2811 and 3640 routers supports GRE mode of packet forwarding by default, is there a way out to make it do a L2 redirect. Note: i will deploy 2811/3640 not as a cache engine but as a WCCP router redirector.

5. Let me explain my problem here. I have a 2811 and 3640 router configured(separately) for WCCP. i intend to use L2 rewrite packet forwarding method of WCCPv2 spec, but these routers looks like they only support GRE method. Can anyone suggest a way to enable L2 rewrite feature by either adding some addon hardware or by issuing some commands.

-Ananth

1 Reply 1

Not applicable

L2 redirection takes place on the switch, and is not visible to the Multilayer Switch Feature Card (MSFC). The WCCP L2 PFC redirection feature requires no configuration on the MSFC.