cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

URT/VMPS: Switch-IP based VLAN aasignment

cpabst
Level 1
Level 1

Our internal VLANs for the clients doesn't have at all our locations the same name and we have different subnets in buildings.

At the moment I have the problem that I need for each client subnet (approx. 40) one VMPS Server because the VMPS database cannot assign a MAC to a list of VLANs.

Does anybody knows if UT allows to implement conditions?

For ecample:

MAC A => VLAN 100 IF SWITCHIP = 9.9.9.1

MAC A => VLAN 120 IF SWITCHIP = 9.9.8.10

... or ...

USER XY => VLAN 100 IF SWITCHIP = 9.9.9.1

USER XY => VLAN 120 IF SWITCHIP = 9.9.8.10

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

didyap
Level 6
Level 6

When you enable VMPS, a MAC address-to-VLAN mapping database is downloaded. If the assigned VLAN is restricted to a group of ports, VMPS verifies the requesting port against this group. If the VLAN is allowed on the port, the VLAN name is returned to the client. However I am not sure if there is a way to assign based on the switch IP. Haven't seen any document on this either.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

didyap
Level 6
Level 6

When you enable VMPS, a MAC address-to-VLAN mapping database is downloaded. If the assigned VLAN is restricted to a group of ports, VMPS verifies the requesting port against this group. If the VLAN is allowed on the port, the VLAN name is returned to the client. However I am not sure if there is a way to assign based on the switch IP. Haven't seen any document on this either.