Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

use an isdn bri port for only 1 hour per day

hello,

can you show me how to configure(if possible) an isdn port to be used for only one hour per day .I mean the sum of time that the port is used must be less than or equal to 1hour per day. If it isn't possible can you show me an alternative way to do that

regards,

• Other Network Infrastructure Subjects
1 REPLY
Bronze

Re: use an isdn bri port for only 1 hour per day

There is no good way to do exactly what you ask; the IOS does not pay attention to the summation of time connected, but instead it only cares about the time connected for any given call.

One option may be to accomplish this via an external AAA server; when the 60 minute mark is reached you could send a POD to disconnect the user. This would require some work on your end, customizing the AAA.

A worse way of doing it would be to only allow connections for one particular hour of the day using time based access-lists; check this out for more info:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios120/120newft/120t/120t1/timerang.htm

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.