Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Community will be in read-only mode on 12/14/2017 from 12:00 am pacific to 11:30 am.

During this time you will only be able to see content. Other interactions such as posting, replying to questions, or marking content as helpful will be disabled for few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience while we perform important updates to the Community.

Use ISDN (WIC-1B) for PSTN Dial-in on 1721

I was wondering if it is possible to have a Router (i.e. Cisco 1721 with an ISDN interface card (WIC-1B) and Dial-into it using a PSTN modem (v.90).

If yes, how?

Reagrds

5 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: Use ISDN (WIC-1B) for PSTN Dial-in on 1721

No, this is not possible on a 1700 as you describe.

For analog dialin over ISDN, you need a 3600 router with digital modems (e.g. NM-6DM) and a BRI or PRI interface.

The alternative is to install an analog modem, either internally in the router, e.g. wic-1am or wic-2am in 1700 or higher, NM-8AM in a 2600 or higher.

Or install an external modem connected to the aux port (or to an async port, e.g. the wic-2a/s).

hth

Herbert

Suppose that I have a spare 3600 router, how would I proceed/configure it?

Regards.

Bronze

You would have to install a BRI module and a digital modem module, this page has a sample configuration: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/tech/tk801/tk379/technologies_configuration_example09186a0080093c6e.shtml

hth

Herbert

Silver

Please note that even with a c3600 we cannot get modem (analog) calls onto the internal digital modems (MICA) when using a WIC BRI card, it's possible only with a NM BRI or PRI card.

Thanks, Mak.

thanks guys.

I'll keep it mind and give it a try at a later stage.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content