Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

use of modules from 6509 sup1/msfc1

Greetings.

I am planning an installment of a sup720 chassis. Is it possible to reuse the modules (Giga and FastEthernet) from my 6509 sup1/msfc1 setup in the suup720 setup.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Silver

Re: use of modules from 6509 sup1/msfc1

You can reuse blades from your other 6500 series switch. Except for sup1 and msfc daughter cards.

Hi,

Few of the line cards are not supported so you might want to have a look at the following URL:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat6000/122sx/ol_4164.htm#wp2561983

Also, if you use any non-fabric enabled i.e a classic line card you will get only 32GBPS back plane so try to use all fabric ebaled line cards so that you can get the full 720 GBPS backplane,.

regards,

-amit singh

3 REPLIES
Silver

You can reuse blades from your other 6500 series switch. Except for sup1 and msfc daughter cards.

Hi,

Few of the line cards are not supported so you might want to have a look at the following URL:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat6000/122sx/ol_4164.htm#wp2561983

Also, if you use any non-fabric enabled i.e a classic line card you will get only 32GBPS back plane so try to use all fabric ebaled line cards so that you can get the full 720 GBPS backplane,.

regards,

-amit singh

Thank you for your answer.

So to speak, there should not be a problem. But there is some issues regarding some modules.

I will look further into it.

Thank you again and for the link.

-- Lars

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content