Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

User Track CLI command using X-windows dump

I'll try this post again ....

I'm running the Solaris version of cisco works. According to the information mentioned, there it should be a UT(upper case) command under $NMSROOT/CSCOpx/bin to extract data from the command line from the User Track database. Instead I only have a ut (lower case, for NT option) command in that directory. If I run the ut cli command, it works ok and I get what I need from the user track database, but it requires X-Windows to be running. It seems to take an X-Windows dump or something like that. Is this the way is supposed to work? I usually connect to the server through secure shell and don't have an X session running on my desktop.

Kind of hard to cron it.

Again, thanks for any info.

2 REPLIES

Re: User Track CLI command using X-windows dump

I dunno about "ut" upper vs. lower case...

/opt/CSCOpx/bin/ut works for me as long as DISPLAY is set properly

I've got the same problem trying to run ut from a cron script - cisco case D223569 status DE pending

The workaround is to set DISPLAY to something that will permit the connection (like a PC with Xwindows software installed that allows connections from anywhere) and then the ut command works.

Then you'll find that the "-prompt" option doesn't work, so you'll have to put your userid/password on the command line. Anybody does a "ps" at the right time and they've got your userid/password.

workaround for that is to create another user with only "help desk" privs and use that userid/password in the crontab script

Lee

Re: User Track CLI command using X-windows dump

TAC says it's fixed in campus manager 3.3

I haven't gotten a release date for CM3.3 tho...

Lee

Views
Helpful
Replies