cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

User Tracking missing IP Address on a couple subnets

danlorus
Level 1
Level 1

We recently upgraded our main seed devive which was a 5500 with an rsm, to a 6500 with an rsm. Since then we have been missing IP info. The SNMP settings are identical except for extendedrmon which the 6500 does not recognize. Are there any MIB's on the ciscoworks box that I'm missing? Any suggestions?

8 Replies 8

s-doyle
Level 3
Level 3

Did you load the mibs for the 6500 series from here http://www.cisco.com/public/sw-center/netmgmt/cmtk/mibs.shtml

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

What exactly you mean by "Since then we have been missing IP info". What version of Cisco Works are you using?. There is no option to load any MIBs into Cisco Works unless you're using Cisco View whose device packages already contain the necessary MIBs.

In user Tracking I get all the mac address' from our devices, but only about a quarter of them have IP info. We are running ciscoworks 2000, 4th edition, with all the latest patch upgrades. My seed device is a cat6500, with an RSM. The last seed device was a 5500 with an RSM, which gathered all the IP info. Do the MIB's need to be modified in any way? I am very new to this so any suggestions would be great.

-Thanks

Dan

See the section "Troubleshooting UserTracker" at:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/477/Campus/ani.shtml which should help you solve this issue.

nathansmith
Level 1
Level 1

Same problem. Did all the things that CCO has listed. Any more ideas?

Do a CCO Bug Toolkit search to see if you're running into any bugs?

nathansmith
Level 1
Level 1

No bugs found..

nhabib
Level 9
Level 9

Which version of Campus Manager are you running?

Remember, MSFC2 support was introduced in version

3.1 of Campus Manager. Do a "sho ver" to see if in

fact you have an MSFC2, and check the file called

cm.info (located in setup under CSCOpx) for the

version of Campus Manager

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: