cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

User Tracking Question/only grabbing a small percentage of addresses

bkpool43
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to grab all of the IP addresses behind a router where my cisco works and core switch are. Where does user tracking get its information. When I say to discover all, it discovers about 30 addresses. There is over 3000 IP addresses (15 subnets) to be discovered in our building. It worked fine on an older version of Ciscoworks. I tried the discover subnets as well and it picked up only a couple more. Where does usertracking go to get info. i thought it was a pinging process. Thanks.

Brian

2 Replies 2

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

UT gets its info from Campus Manager. If UT is not discovering the IP address properly, http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/477/Campus/ani.shtml should help in troubleshooting. See the 'Troubleshooting UserTracker' section.

The instructions are more Unix based than Windows.. Would not having the default routers private snmp key cause this problem?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco