Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

User tracking report

I'm trying to run a user tracking reoprt for a perticular site, lets say I have a disaster recovry center and has several Cisco routers and switches installed, I want to run the report for all the hosts that are connected to disastor recovery switches, is it possible. I have names my Cisco devices as dr-xxx but server and PCs have different name, what search criteria I use that give me all the host and port information in DR site.

Any help will be greatly apprecited.

2 REPLIES

Re: User tracking report

The User Tracking database contains information about what switches the end devices are connected to. The column header is "DeviceName" (the end-device name is the "HostName" column).

To generate a quick report on all end-stations connected to your DR site switches do the following:

1) Open User Tracking

2) Select Query->Advanced Query

3) Check the first query entry on the bottom

4) Under "Column", select "DeviceName" and "contains"

5) Enter "dr-" under "pattern"

6) Click "Add"

7) Enter "Save Query As" "DR devices" (or whatever name you want)

8) Click "Save"

Now you can go back to the User Tracking table, and select "Query"->"Main Table Query"->"DR devices", and it will recall your saved query info and filter the main table. You can then export or sort the table as you wish.

Re: User tracking report

Hi, thanks for your reply. But I have tried that and it didn't give me any results, however I see devices in UT with dr-xxx. I thought something was broken in UT, then I rerun the discovery but didn't. I went ahead and tried the manual way and ran the report. I might end up opening a case with Cisco.

Thanks for you help though.

Views
Helpful
Replies