Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

User Tracking reports duplicate IP addresses

User claims there are duplicate IP addresses yet when we check DHCP and arp command reveals there are no duplicate IP issues. Is this a fault in the version of User Tracking. I'm using CW2000 w.LMS 2.0

• Other Network Infrastructure Subjects
5 REPLIES
Blue

Re: User Tracking reports duplicate IP addresses

Does UT only complains about Duplicate IP addresses or Duplicate MAC address too?

Only IP addresses- No duplicate MACs...

The "Delete Entries after discovery" was set to 30 days. I changed it to 6 hours which incidentally is the lease time for DHCP leases.

I then ran a new discovery and all conflicts went away..

Thank you for the response...

Problem still exists , I have the "Delete Entries after discovery" set to 4 hours. Initially I had 74 duplicate address, I deleted all devices and performed discovery again, this time it came up with 6 IP adresses with different Mac addresses. Is there a bug with Campus Manager 3.2 ?

Because the IP is associated with the mac, I get a MAC address listing also..

However when I compare the listing to the DHCP lease entry on the DHCP server..The MAC is associated to the correct IP...

Because the UT table hasn't cleared the previous client , it appears in the UT table.

Maxwell

HSRP causes duplicate addresses to show up in HP Openview, maybe this is a similar issue.

Views
Helpful
Replies