Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

usertracking only picking up small part of IP addresses

My local area network contains approx. 2500 nodes. The topology part of cisco works works great picking up all the switches and router. however, the user tracking only picks up IP addresses from certain types of switches. It will gather info from the 2900 series switches, the 3500 series swithes and the 6500 series switches. However, it will not gather ip addresses from the 5500 series switches. all switches have the same configuration and snmp strings. cdp is enabled on all swithes and routers. the 5500 and 5000 series swithes are the older switches. Any suggestions? The older version of Ciscoworks did pick up these nodes...

2 REPLIES
Blue

Re: usertracking only picking up small part of IP addresses

Re: usertracking only picking up small part of IP addresses

Hi, I have the same problem, maybe even a bit worse: I see no hosts on SOME 5000s and 5500s, not even MAC addresses, but I do see them on other 5x00s. The 'bad' and the 'good' 5000 are identical: same OS, same version, same supervisor, same SNMP, same configuration. I tried everything mentioned in www.cisco.com.warp/public/477/Campus/ani.shtml and everything works fine. I use Campus Manager 3.2, I did not have the problem in Campus Manager 3.1. I even turned ANI debugging on (module vmpsadmin) and saw in the log entries like "VmpsAdminSMFGet BridgeTable mac port in vlan domain " which were present for a good switch but absent for a bad switch.

Now what to do??

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content