cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

using 2 T1 frame relay

sbanala
Level 1
Level 1

I Have 2 T1's located in same building, i want to use 2 T1 terminate on same router and send traffic through both of the T1s to same location.

is there any way i can do that the T1 are terminating on 2620 router

Thanks

Sridhar

6 Replies 6

ankurbhasin
Level 9
Level 9

HI Sridhar,

You have have 2 default routes pointing to t exit interfaces like

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 s0

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 s1

or if you want to split traffic via traffic type then you can implement policy base routing on lan interface so as soon as the traffic hits the lan interface will check the traffic type (using access list) and will send to that particular serial interface as exit interface configurd in policy.

But if you just want any traffic to go via any serial link then 2 default route will work.

HTH

Ankur

Hello,

in addition to the previous post by Ankur, and depending on the IOS version you are running, you also might want to have a look at Multilink PPP over Frame Relay and Multilink Frame Relay (FRF.16.1), here are the relevant links:

Using Multilink PPP over Frame Relay

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6350/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00804a4097.html#wp1064366

Multilink Frame Relay (FRF.16.1)

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122/122newft/122t/122t8/ft_mfr.htm

If you post your configuration, I could try and add the relevant commands for either solution...

Regards,

GP

i can do the above as ankur said but i have a question

I have network of 190 sites with Framerelay and all are point-to-point back to my HQ

i have subinterfaces for each site on my HQ router

for the 2 site i am trying to connect at also have sub-interfaces on my HQ router

at the remote site 2 T1 are in the same building earlier building was split into 2 offices now they want use it as one office

my question is do i need to make config changes on my HQ router, for the solution provided by ankur

Thanks

Hi Banalas,

With the remote sites you mean not the HQ right? My solution was for a site where 2 t1 terminates on same router but as you said there were 2 different offices so it will be 2 diff routers now are you merging 2 t1 on single router on remote site then yes you have to c hnage the config and configure second t1 on same router also and put 2 defaut routes to reach HQ via 2 t1 links equally.

Regards,

Ankur

yes remote site is not HQ its ny hub site,2 T1 where in diferent offices but same building,

now i want terminate 2 T1 on same router and add default routes as you specified

thanks

Sridhar

Hi Sridhar,

Yes now when you are terminating on same router you can simply configure your second interface for second t1 line , just the way you configure t1

And once t1 is up and running fine configure 2 default route as updated in my first post and it should work fine.

Regards,

Ankur