cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using DEE on RME and it is not returing all IP address on a router

moorera
Level 1
Level 1

We have several routers in our network where we have Primary and secondary address on an Ethernet or Fast Ethernet interface. I'm using DEE to export information and then strip the XML tags, reformat into CSV and then import that data into Remedy as part of our CFM project (ITIL stuff).

Looking at the General schema provided in DEE's documentation I believe I have found my problem.

<xs:element name="NetworkAddress" type="xs:string" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1"/>

Notice that the NetworkAddress is set to occur a maximum of 1 time. I'm not a XML guru, but how to I change this and upload the new schema so DEE uses it. I've read the documentation and I am confused.

Thanks

Randy Moore

3 Replies 3

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

I'm not a XML expert either, but changing maxOccurs value to larger value make any difference?. Just a thought.

That's the problem, after I make the change how do I upload the schema or compile it (whatever you need to do for DEE) to ensure DEE uses the changes?

Upon further looking into this, this is a DEE limitation currently. What you're trying to do, DEE can't do it.