cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using Dialout ez to contact pager using CCW and whatsup

andifur
Level 1
Level 1

We use 2 as5350's. We are also running CCW 6.0 that includes whatsup gold.

I have the CCW server set to alert a pager using dialout ez through the as5350 to skytel. It does not want to make the call and fails. On the as5350 we are on ver 12.1. I really cant hook a regular analog modem up to this because of its location and no phone lines exist new the rack.

Does any one have any ideas, or know of a fix for this. Its really getting frustrating.

thanks

Anthony

3 Replies 3

makchitale
Level 6
Level 6

Do we even see the nextport modem being contacted by the dialout/ez application?

Can you run the following debugs on the as5350,

deb modem / deb csm modem / deb dialer / deb isdn q931 or deb cas / deb telnet

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/471/DialOutEZ.shtml

Thanks, Mak.

Yes it is hitting the modem. I found out the problem is more with using commas in the dialer string.

ex) 18007598888,,,,,,,xxxxx,,,#

It fails when using that.

I can call xxx-xxxx for my cell phone and it will dial, but not to my paging service.

Does anyone know of a fix for this?

We need to use dial modifiers. If your access server is running Cisco IOS Release 12.1(4)T or greater, you can also use these dial modifiers in your dial string: the letters W (wait for dial tone) and X (switch to DTMF signaling), and the comma character (,) (delay by the number of seconds specified in register S8). If you are running a release earlier than 12.1(4)T, the W, X, and comma modifiers are accepted but ignored.

Need to ensure we have 12.1(4)T & above. On the below link please search for the keyword "modifier" for further info.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/access/acs_serv/as5400/sw_conf/atnextpt.htm

Thanks, Mak.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: