Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Using NBAR to block Kazaa2 traffic

We have a 3640 router running IOS 12.2. I am trying to use NBAR and QOS to block or tone down Kazaa2 traffic. I have the kazaa2 pdlm loaded into my config correctly and it shows up in the list when I do a ' show ip nbar protocol-discovery'. When I test it by downloading files with kazaa, NBAR does'nt seem to be 'discovering' any of the Kazaa traffic. Has anyone gotten this to work?

3 REPLIES

Re: Using NBAR to block Kazaa2 traffic

This is a known problem. Check the read me doc (NBAR_PDLM_Kazaa_v2_02_12_20_1.doc) on this problem and fix at http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/pdlm

"1. The command “match protocol kazaa2 file-transfer *” might miss some of the data flows being tagged as file-transfer but will be classified as kazaa2, due to a corner case. For absolute control over direction of the file transfers, you must upgrade to a rebuild release of 12.2(13)T. [The fix is intended for release 12.2(13)T1.] "

How do I get a rebuild release of 12.2(13)T ? What does the 'T' stand for? Test?

Loaded IOS 12.2(13)T1 for my 3640, now it works!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content