Views
Helpful
Replies

Using the mail script for syslog messages delivered with RME 3.3

p.tavan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I want to receive a mail when I receive a specific Syslog message.

So I have declared a Syslog action in RME, launching a file I have created : mail.bat. This file contains :

d:

cd \program files\cscopx\cgi-bin\sysloga

perl sampleEmailScript.pl -text_message $M -email_ids

mon.email@masociete.com -subject "Alerte CiscoWorks 2000" -from

mon.email@masociete.com -smtp my_smtp-server

I want to receive in the mail the content of the syslog, but instead I receive :

Dear CW2K User,

This email is generated by the sampleEmailScript.pl program. The syslog message that was configured for this automated action is :

$M

7 Replies 7

andrea.meconi
Level 2
Level 2

Don't use batch file, copy the content of your batch file into the specific command section (one line only) and try.

Andrea.

I thank you Andrea, I am going to try and I will tell you if it works.

Hi, would you mind to share this command line syntax with me. I am trying to do the same thing until we have DFM installed. Thanks in advance/Elsie

Yeah, could someone provide us with the correct line syntax? I would ike to use this because the mail notifier in DFM is way to limited.

thanks,

Patrick

Hi,

I have only this note for you.

Create a new autoaction, from the admin syslog analyzer menu.

Select the specific host and syslog message type and copy the following string in the command field of the new autoaction:

c:\progra~1\cscopx\bin\perl c:\progra~1\cscopx\cgi-bin\sysloga\sampleEmailScript.pl -text_message $D -email_ids pippo@pippo.com -subject "Link Up/Down" -smtp smtp.pippo.com

where pippo@pippo.com is the destination and smtp.pippo.com the smtp server.

Let me know.

Andrea.

Andrea,

Are you sure the D$ is the right way to get the parameters from CW?

Because then i just give me the D$ in the mail....

Thanks,

Patrick

I have this:

C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\bin\perl C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\cgi-bin\sysloga\sampleEmailScript.pl -text_message $M -email_ids jalonso@univision.net -subject "CW2K Warning !!!" -from CiscoAdmin -smtp 10.1.3.8

and it only worked for me when I used a SMTP server that is not a MS Exchange Server , I'm using a Linux SMTP Server.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: