Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Using TrafficDirector and nGenius RTM

nGenius RTM does not have the ability to save data for trend reporting, therefore I am stuck using TrafficDirector for reporting functionality. The customer, however, would still like to have nGenius RTM set up with the probes for "real-time" troubleshooting because it is web accessable. How do I config/install property files from nGenius that will not over-ride the property files installed from TrafficDirector?

2 REPLIES

Re: Using TrafficDirector and nGenius RTM

I haven't been using nGenius so I can't tell how it looks like. But when you install the property files in TD you are asked to replace or add information to the excisting prop file. If you do a add it wouldn't change the parameters which where set .

???

Re: Using TrafficDirector and nGenius RTM

Don't you love it? I'm in the same boat - love the nGenius interface but hate the fact that you can't gather and store data without buying a costly upgrade. Thanks, NetScout and Cisco. There's a "Supplement and Release Notes" document for RTM 1.2; on page 9 it says that you have to add the "nGenius.nsminuse" parameter to the server.properties file so that RTM will not try to configure the devices. Of course, that means that you have to use Traffic Director to do all the device configurations from that point on. If you want to manage some devices with RTM and others with Traffic Director, you're advised to use two different write community strings, one for each managment tool.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content