Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

verifying a internal or external csu/dsu

I want to log into a remote router and be able to tell if the csu/dsu is internal or external.

I thought if I enter this command show service-module serial 0/0 that it could tell me for sure.

But does anybody know what command or what I look for to determine if the serial interface has a internal or external csu/dsu

thanks

2 REPLIES

Re: verifying a internal or external csu/dsu

A very simple method is to look at the running config. If the configurations under the serial interface doesnt have a service module t1 command then it should have an external csu/dsu. The configurations with an external csu/dsu wont have any clocking, framing etc specified under the serial interface.

HTH

Bronze

Re: verifying a internal or external csu/dsu

This may be platform-dependant, but 'show controllers' on our 3640's with integrated CSU/DSU's gives this information:

Interface Serial0/0

Hardware is DSCC4 with Integrated FT1 CSU/DSU module

The service-module T1 commands may very well be left at their defaults (ESF, B8ZS, clock source line, etc) and hence not show in the running config.

Views
Helpful
Replies