Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Verizon Cable Issues with WIC-1DSU-T1

I have a point-to-point T1 I am trying to bring up. I cannot bring the S0 interface up unless I put the Router into loopback. Verizon showed up 2 days later when I was not there (I swear they plan it that way) and said that the wire was incorrect for and RJ-45C. I told the guy (by telephone) we have always used a straight cat 5 cable in the T1 connections and never had a problem. He changed the jack setting in the DMARC to RJ-45S and claimed he could loop.

I am at the remote site which is still set for for an RJ-45C and the interface is not up. Is there a cable I can make up to get the WIC-1DSU-T1 to work with the RJ-45C jack?

• Other Network Infrastructure Subjects
2 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: Verizon Cable Issues with WIC-1DSU-T1

The cable for the T1 should be a straight through. Here is a URL that shows how to make a loopback plug to test the router and the circuit. http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/116/T1_layer1.html

Re: Verizon Cable Issues with WIC-1DSU-T1

As was previously brought out, the cable will be a straight thru (we 'never' concern ourselves with the smartjack jack type or anything else telco supplied. They are, or should be, quite familiar with the various standards required per ATT, ANSI, and so forth). There are a number of other factors that can come into play however (aside from the distinct possibility telco tech had no clue). For instance, is the problem with layer 1 (line down) or layer 2 (line up but protocol down), is there a extended demarc or cable run, and so forth? But without going into greater detail, is the issue still unresolved?

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.