Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

viavideo and NAT problems

I am using polycom Viavideo cameras internall and externally. You manually assign the ip address for the camera. When I call someone external I want my camera to have an external address 209.x.x.1(using conduit to come back in), but if I then call someone internal my camera still has external address assigned. I want my router to see this the reply from the other internal camera going to 209.x.x.1 and send it to my internal address 10.x.x.1. I tried the ip route statement but my computer doesn't know what to do with a packet sent to 209.x.x.1. Polycom acknowledges that this is a bug in their software.

Jpoulos

1 REPLY

Re: viavideo and NAT problems

Hmm... Not sure if you are using a PIX firewall here or not, but you may be able to make use of the PIX's ALIAS command to essentially reflect requests to the 209.x.x address back to the internal 10.x.x.x address of the workstation with viavideo attached. I will be testing this in the next few weeks as well, so let me know if you come up with any other ideas..

John

Views
Helpful
Replies