Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Virtual BW

Hi , a very simple question but difficult answer .

Where the Virtual-Access interface gets the bandwidth from ?

Simple answer from the Virtual-Access , but if the Virtual-Template bandwidth is 10000 Kbit why the Virtual-Access have only 320 Kbit ?

More difficult if I have two Virtual-Template both with BW 10000 Kbit

the Virtual-Access cloned from Virtual-Template 1 have 640 Kbit BW ,

and the Virtual-Access cloned from Virtual-Template 2 have 320 Kbit BW ?

Help please , thanks.

Patrizio

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Virtual BW

Hi,

My understanding is if multilink is configured, then the multilink group will show the summed bandwidth. I guess the Virtual access interface will show the BW of the serial interface. Try to remove the bandwidth commands on these interfaces.

Please note that the "bandwidth " command does not really change the bandwidth of the interface or line. This configured bandwith is only for the purpose of metric calculation for the routing protocols like IGRP, EIGRP and OSPF. It does not really change the bandwidth of the link.

Anonymous
N/A

Re: Virtual BW

It is my understanding that the BW command parameter is for identification and QoS purposes only. A T1 interface can have a Bandwidth of 10K, but this is only used by IOS to help calculate metrics and to provide a visual indication to the admin of path preference.

It has no direct bearing on the actual BW available on a specific interface.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Views
Helpful
Replies