Views
Helpful
Replies

virtual profile

s.matyas
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I would like to do that all ppp configuration parameters for dialin user like auth,auth lists etc can be get from a virtual-template. And on the interfaces like group-async and serial could be only media specific parameters. This configuration would be ideal for configuring because if an auth list changes I have to change it on every serial, dialer and group async etc. I thought It can be done with virtual profile. I configured a virtual-profile virtual-template 1 and virtual template 1 interface with ppp and on the physical interface only the media specific components no ppp. But it can't works. If I dial in the AS with modem the PPP starts but no PPP on group async and searches the authentication on group async only and don't be engaged in using the auth list on virt-template but the cloning is succeful and I dial in without authentication. If I dial with ISDN on the serial there is no ppp and the PPP don't start.

Is somebody know any solution for this problem?

thanks,

szicsu

1 Reply 1

gmarogi
Level 5
Level 5

I think the virtual profile will be chosen based on the authentication of a particular user. For this reason, PPP, authentication method and auth-list might have to be configured under the physical line.