Views
Helpful
Replies

vlan IP address

frdt
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have setup on a catalyst 2900 serie 2 vlan. The default vlan with ID 1 and a ip address setup. I can ping this vlan interface from all my private network.

I setup an ip address on the vlan ID 2 (in its network range) ... but I can not ping this interface hower the vlan is well functionning , machine on this vlan can access outside network using theire gatway.

Is it normal or possible ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

In L2 Switches like our 2900 series boxes you cant have more than one L3 interface configured.

Already you have configured an L3 interface which is there with an ip address so it wont allow you to configure one more L3 interface (thatis vlan itnerface with ip address).

If you do so it may automatically disabled/shut the already working L3 interface (whichs Vlan1 in ur case)..

regds

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

In L2 Switches like our 2900 series boxes you cant have more than one L3 interface configured.

Already you have configured an L3 interface which is there with an ip address so it wont allow you to configure one more L3 interface (thatis vlan itnerface with ip address).

If you do so it may automatically disabled/shut the already working L3 interface (whichs Vlan1 in ur case)..

regds

thanks I understand