Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Vlan issues

I have a router connected to a switch. I have vlans configured on the switch. When I do a show vlan I am unable to see the vlans. When I do a show vlan data, I see all the information. Why can't I see my vlans?

Thanks

4 REPLIES
Purple

Re: Vlan issues

You would have to post configs, my guess is you did not create the layer 2 vlans but just a layer 3 SVI . If you created them correctly they should show up under the "show vlan" command. What do you mean "show vlan data" this isn't a valid command on a IOS or catos switch. Also what model switch are we talking ??

Here is the config

can you post a show vlan database? my guess would be that you have to do a

config term

vlan xxxxx

to set that vlan active before you will see it.

If I am not mistaken this looks like a NM-16ESW(show diag to confirm). There is nothing in the configuration that will suggest that the 3845 should be lerning the vlans form 3560. In addition, here is a configuration guide for the 16ESW (the config guide might look like it's for 3600, you can still use it since it's specific for the ESW):

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122/122newft/122limit/122x/122xt/122xt_2/ft1636nm.htm#xtocid133

Views
Helpful
Replies