Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VLAN on 6506

Hi All,

I get big trouble with the VLAN on the 6506 as following:

- When I create VLAN on the 6506 for the first time it work very well.

- But later some time one or two day some time a month later it suddenly seem not work ( i can not ping between the hosts in the VLAN), but when i use show command every thing seem OK ( port and interface still recieve packets and up)

- My solution is: delete that VLAN and create new VLAN for users

Can anyone help me???

7 REPLIES

Re: VLAN on 6506

Strange!

Probably something with your hosts not the switch! Example : are Network cards sleeping after a while or something...You can try to de-activate sleeping mode on your NIC's!

I also checked my hosts, they work well with another VLAN or new VLAN.

Bronze

Does the vlan you created belong to the extended range of vlans (1006 - 4094)? Also, is this just a pure layer 2 vlan or are you refering to an SVI?

- Does the vlan you created belong to the extended range of vlans (1006 - 4094)? No it is from 2 to 999

- is this just a pure layer 2 vlan or are you refering to an SVI? this is a pure layer 2 VLAN and i configure the Multilayer Switch Feature Card (MSFC) for interVLAN routing.

Cisco Employee

which version of the image are u using ??

Try to upgrade to the latest image and try, might be a bug.

I'm assuming you have also created Vlans on the MSFC L3 portion and have assigned an address to this interface. This interface also must be your default gateway.

Is this routing module (MSFC) sharing the networks in it's routing protocol (EIGRP or other)? But this only applies if you are pinging between Vlans.

L2 Vlans are very straightforward and the only time I have seen them not work is as kumarsh mentioned, there may be a CatOS bug that you need to upgrade.

When the problem occurs, what does the mac-address-table look like for that vlan? Are you seeing anything in the logs? I'm curious if you could clear all of the dynamic entries for that vlan and see if the problem still occurs.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content