Views
Helpful
Replies

Vlan on router int

rhltechie
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I tried to add a sub interface on one of my router fast ether interfaces earlier to allow for a specific vlan id to pass. when i did so, it removed the config on the other fast ethernet interface, what is the deal with that?! am i missing something?

TIA,

R

4 Replies 4

devang_etcom
Level 7
Level 7

i dont think so such thing will take place

regards

Devang

gpulos
Level 8
Level 8

i'm doubting you putting a configuration on one subInterface, removed the configuration from another subInterface.

perhaps you made a typo. try to put back the removed config from the other subInterface.

(of course, subInterfaces must have their own unique interfaceID. ie: interface f0/1.1 vs interface f0/1.24)

i am quite confused by this. this is what i did:

I have FastEther 0/0 and FastEther 0/1. Fast ether 0/0 was totally shut down and 0/1 had my config on it.

i did the following, i added subinterface 0/0.300 and did encap dot1q. when i did this, it removed the speed and duplex config from fast 0/1.

I tried this again this morning just to make sure I was not going nuts...same thing. I did exactly what I did above, but as soon as i added the encap on fast 0/0.300, fast 0/1 went down.

fast 0/0 was admin shutdown, when i did no shut on it, fast 0/1 came back up again. what is the deal with this?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: