cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Vlan on router int

Hi All,

I tried to add a sub interface on one of my router fast ether interfaces earlier to allow for a specific vlan id to pass. when i did so, it removed the config on the other fast ethernet interface, what is the deal with that?! am i missing something?

TIA,

R

4 REPLIES

Re: Vlan on router int

i dont think so such thing will take place

regards

Devang

Blue

i'm doubting you putting a configuration on one subInterface, removed the configuration from another subInterface.

perhaps you made a typo. try to put back the removed config from the other subInterface.

(of course, subInterfaces must have their own unique interfaceID. ie: interface f0/1.1 vs interface f0/1.24)

Community Member

i am quite confused by this. this is what i did:

I have FastEther 0/0 and FastEther 0/1. Fast ether 0/0 was totally shut down and 0/1 had my config on it.

i did the following, i added subinterface 0/0.300 and did encap dot1q. when i did this, it removed the speed and duplex config from fast 0/1.

Community Member

I tried this again this morning just to make sure I was not going nuts...same thing. I did exactly what I did above, but as soon as i added the encap on fast 0/0.300, fast 0/1 went down.

fast 0/0 was admin shutdown, when i did no shut on it, fast 0/1 came back up again. what is the deal with this?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content