Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

VLAN status is active but ports assigned to the VLAN becomes inactive

Hi,

I encountered a case recently whereby all the ports assigned to this particular VLAN have status showing inactive. However, when I do a show vlan, this vlan is still remain in the vlan database. This is weird as I understand the ports will only becomes inactive if the vlan has been cleared or deleted. Anyway, I deleted the vlan and re-create again, and the ports assigned to this vlan is up again. I'm using a Cat6509 with CatOS.

Does anyone have any idea?

2 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: VLAN status is active but ports assigned to the VLAN becomes

It does sound weird. You can probably check the configuration guide for the specific features that you have configured on the switch. There are specific guidelines describing what should be done and what should not be done when using certain features together. This could possibly create some problems. Or, you can check for any known issues with the hardware and software

version that you are using.

Re: VLAN status is active but ports assigned to the VLAN becomes

Hi,

It can also go inactive if the switch is a VTP client, the VTP client switch is reloaded, and the trunk link to reach the VTP server does not come up. You may want to check next time if STP kicked in with show spantree .

-Robert

Views
Helpful
Replies