cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

vlan-switch command IOS 12.4

Hi All,

I recently upgraded a 2610XM router from IOS 12.3(15a) to 12.4(5). Everything seems fine except the output of the show vlan-switch command. It used to list the slot and port numbers. For example, Fa1/0, Fa1/1 etc. Now for every port it only lists Fa1,Fa1,Fa1 and so on. Also, the config doesn't contain the "switchport mode access" commands. It accepts them though. Interestingly I can make the ports routed in 12.4 but not in 12.3. Is this behaviour normal for 12.4?

2 REPLIES
Purple

Re: vlan-switch command IOS 12.4

Not sure what to make of the interface renumbering , wouldn't think they would do that . As far as the switchport mode access , it's possible they made that a default parameter in 12.4 thus it wouldn't show up in the config. I would take a look at the release notes , these should always be read before making a major train change .

Community Member

Re: vlan-switch command IOS 12.4

Hi Glen,

I checked the release notes and although there are a few VLAN issues in general, nothing about the interface numbering.

Its not a major issue as I am not currently using VLANS in any particular fashion. I'll see if the problem goes away on the next subsequent release.

Thanks.

Damien.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content