Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Vlans and appletalk

I have 5 Vlans (including Vlan 1) configured on a 4507r and 3550 switches. Vlan 2-5 are configured with the cable-range and AppleTalk zone. Using a MAC computer, I am able to see the zones I created as well as access servers belonging to these Vlans (vlan 2-5). However, the AppleTalk settings (cable-range and zone) I am entering for Vlan 1 (where all my servers temporarily belong to) are showing up as invalid, which I think makes it impossible for the resources in Vlan 1 to be accessible. I tried different settings, but still no luck. Is there a reason why I cannot configure interface Vlan 1 with AppleTalk settings? How can I make the resources on vlan 1 available to my MAC users on different Vlans?

The trunk link is over fiber using the 802.1q protocol Interface vlan 1 is using a class A IP address with a 16 bit subnet mask and vlan 2-5 are using a Class A IP address with a 23 bit subnet mask

Thanks for helping

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: Vlans and appletalk

You can try using the ISL trunk instead of 802.1q protocol. You Can have one more NIC card in the servers and you can configure those NIC cards in the VLAN 2-5. Enable AppleTalk routing between the VLANs. Also check for the Desktop feature set for Apple Talk.

Views
Helpful
Replies